How do I set up my files for Lenticular orders?
All lenticular files must be created at 300dpi and require a 1/8" bleed on all 4 sides. So as an example, if you have a 2" x 3.5" 3D lenticular business card, the file must be set up as 2.25" x 3.75".
Here are also some key bullet points that when followed, will ensure the best possible lenticular results.
Lenticular Bullet Points:
- Dark solid colored and/or textured backgrounds work well with this effect.
- Avoid white backgrounds when possible.
- White and light colored areas are transparent, other views/flips will show through white areas causing a ghosting effect. White and light colored areas only work well if each view has white/light colors in the exact same area.
- Use bold sans serif fonts and avoid small text. Small, fine and thin type do not work well for 3D Lenticular prints; fonts get distorted through the lens/plastic surface, so the bolder the better.
- Text that varies from view to view/file to file should NOT overlap, but instead be in a different position on each view.