Besides paper recycling, what other things does 4OVER4.COM do to promote "green printing" ?
In addition to all our paper and metal recycling,
- Keep machinery well maintained and in good working order to reduce waste and energy usage.
- With our chemical-free computer-to-plate technology we avoid using printing products, such as fixer, that contain silver, which is a toxic heavy metal. Furthermore, with our process-free printing plates, we eliminate all processing chemicals and their disposal, which saves water and energy.
- Use of FSC Certified Papers.
- Automate wherever possible to reduce production time (and therefore energy consumption) and paper waste.
- Recycle liquid wastes such as oil.
- Recycle metal, including all aluminum plating materials.
- Manage inventory to reduce waste.
- Minimize paper usage through electronic communications and billing.
- Invest in energy saving printing presses. Our Ryobi 754 printing presses consume 50% less electricity.
- Equipment is chosen to be more efficient - faster setup and running speeds ensure more output per Kw of electricity used.
- Package our products with biodegradable padding materials, instead of petroleum based foam "peanuts" that are not only annoying to gather and dispose of, but also harmful to the environment.
- Educate our customers on "green printing".
- Use of water-based aqueous coating to produce high-gloss results, instead of UV coatings which are much less friendly on the environment.